Thursday, September 25, 2014

~

Well, change of plans, but I have run bits here and there yesterday and today amidst 2 hr walks.  I'm trying to tire the dogs out so that they're content sleeping away my absences. I've started training in earnest for my new job, and tomorrow I get to sleep in a bit more--I don't have to show up until 5:30 am.   Woo-hoo!

Meanwhile, um...can't think....I'm slow on sleep because of a field exercise that has been going on for the past umpteen days and nights.  Whatever they're firing shakes the whole house.  Now men in black are going to come over and take my computer away--lol, it's no secret.  Everybody within a 3 mile radius can probably feel it.  It's been nice enough this week to leave windows open at night, but then the booms are louder, plus all those frogs or insects back there.  Back to my country unease.  But now I have a white noise app to block some of it out, though the booms are in another league.

Meanwhile, I actually did a shoulder workout after our walk/jog today, and I hit last year's max on a power clean!!!  It was quick and smooth--it took me by surprise.  I didn't feel it as much as I thought I would on the one hand, but on the other, it felt quite significant and precarious.  And now, I definitely feel it, an hour later.  I'll try it again next week--gotta build more of a foundation. But it was a huge boost to nail it, and it definitely felt "cleaner" than last year's efforts.

oh, yeah, I forgot to update---I'm getting to know the problem dog houses around here, including one that I'm beginning to think is a problem house or bad juju area.  The two dogs that lived there followed up nearly a 1/3 of a mile last time they were out.  Afterwards, I tried to avoid that house, but ended up getting followed by another loose dog, and getting somewhat lost...not lost-lost, but scenic route lost.  And THEN, yesterday, we went past and discovered that that house apparently has chickens now, but no coop.  They were all over the road.  Same thing today.  Well, at least I'm getting the puppy used to chickens (the old dog got to go to Key West for that).

No comments: