Saturday, September 20, 2014

puppy's first run!

Well, it was just a couple of minutes or so on sand (gotta be gentle on growing puppy joints).  It was really nice to run outside, albeit uncomfortable with a leash in each hand.  I guess I'll be training too.

That was Thursday morning, a slightly cooler morning, but still hot and humid enough to set off SVT.  First time in months, I think--I'd forgotten how effective a cardio workout it is!  5ish minutes is plenty at 230 bpm.   It's like the best HIIT routine ever.  LOL

Friday: walked and chest workout (just one rep--I was still tired).
Today: long walk into/out of/about town with #2, and shoulder workout

I feel guilty because I was going to take dog 1 to the dump this morning (ok, that sounds bad, but he enjoys the ride and the smells), but I got out too late and decided to go straight to town with #2, and take #1 on a nice run tomorrow.  Unfortunately, it'll be hotter than originally forecast: low of 19 C, high of 31 C.   Can't take the heat anymore, and the dump's closed tomorrow.  Hopefully #1 won't feel too shafted. 

Fortunately, after tomorrow...knock wood, fingers crossed...:)  I need some cooler weather!

Meanwhile, I've at least made some progress on my power cleans--I filmed myself for several weeks to fix flaws, etc, and now things are feeling darn tight (even though my max is still 20 lbs less than last summer, but I'll get there).   Appropriate soundtrack (though it's not quite as good as the version I have in my collection but, hey, it comes with some cool graphics.

No comments: