Tuesday, September 23, 2014

~

Walk with ~5 minutes jogging three times, then yardwork (planting a few bushes).

IT'S ONLY 15 C RIGHT NOW A FEW HOURS LATER--IT'S ALMOST NOON---WHAT????!!!!!

I wore a long-sleeved shirt while exercising the dogs because I don't want to get too spoiled.  It still felt amazingly brisk--this, in comparison to yesterday's uncomfortable walk in a tank top.  The temps will rise again, but (please please please) it looks like they won't go into the thirties anymore. 

A day and 10 degrees make all the difference.  Now I'm feeling optimistic.  Sure I'm in poor shape, especially compared to last year after a summer of diligence--but perhaps I'm actually in a better position to take advantage of the upcoming good weather.  I'm better rested and I don't have that left Achilles issue or that right hip issue (knock wood).  My weight is down although I am actually stronger with some shoulder exercises such as delt raises, and my squats are much more flexible--plus I recently pulled close to last year's max on power cleans and it was nice and tidy, which is highly encouraging.  Instead of spending Dec-Mar somewhat injured, I might sail through winter this year.

No comments: