Thursday, May 1, 2014

~

Crap!  The high for Sunday is now supposed to be 29 C.  I'd better run the thing as quickly as possible.  LOL

Life has mired me for the last few days, but I got in a good combo run on Tuesday.  20 min tempo, 40 min marathon pace...ish.  This was on the treadmill and I don't really have a goal pace because I don't know what to expect on race day, especially not if the weather gets uber stupid.  Expectations of pace might be fortresses of air by this point, especially if I don't catch up on sleep. 

Meanwhile, 29 C, really?  But I shouldn't be surprised: we've already hit that temp down here.  So it's hot, whatever; 29 C isn't the hottest marathon I've run.  We run this.  (and these are apparently the clean Disney lyrics...but getting close to 30 C on marathon day is serious biz.  Time for Missy Elliot).



2 comments:

Fran said...

Best vibes coming at you for a strong and vigorous race! May the joy be with you!

cs said...

Thanks, I'm banking that for the Ottawa marathon! :)