Friday, May 16, 2014

:)

Another weather post, but it's ok to talk about the heat once it's gone, right?  After the recent nastiness, thunderstorms blew in and made everything better.  I woke up around 6 to let the puppy out (yeah, she's still generating sleep deprivation, but the poor thing lost her uterus, tapeworms, and at least one of her teeth this week) and it felt cold.  I don't know what it was, 16 C?  I couldn't gauge it except that I LOVE IT.

I coaxed the big dog out and we ran for 70 minutes; unfortunately, about 2 miles of that was on the shoulder, which mostly coincided with a 2 mile incline (just at 2.5%, though!) but I was cool with it today because my Achilles tendon felt fine and I LOVE IT.  The weather, that is.  Not sweating for the first mile!  Not feeling sweat trickling down anywhere!  If summer stayed like this, I would be so happy.  High of 24 C; who needs anything more?

Later on, I ran errands: another three-ish miles, plus I walked the three miles home.  I'm seriously blissed out today.  The recent hot weather has been a jail of sorts, and now I'm free for almost a week by the looks of it.  I could deal with a week on/week off sort of deal, and maybe this summer will deliver that, but I have to be realistic: probably, eventually, that smoldering old hag will squat down for a solid few months or so, like last year.  BLECH!

But not yet!  The low tonight will be 9 C.  I don't remember what that feels like!  I'm going to be rolling all weekend!  LOVE IT!

No comments: