Saturday, May 24, 2014

My luggage and I

Man, Washington...I can bust through that airport like nobody else, and have laid down some pretty breathtaking sprints through it back in the day.  This time, our arrival and departure gates were but several apart, so even though we had approximately -5 minutes between landing and the start of boarding, we strode over with 2 minutes to spare.

Our luggage, though, wasn't as quick.  It never is (so far, I've beat my bag 3 times during narrow transfers).  Stupidly, I checked not only all of my racing stuff, including shoes, but also some UV ink pens that were supposed to be used last night at a fun event.  Well, I guess I'm not exactly disciplined these days.  My taper was ???, and I haven't been staying off my feet today, and in a few hours I'll walk some more to go watch the 10K, but our luggage arrived this morning!  Even better, the guy who delivered it also drives a hotel shuttle, and he has been transporting some of the elite runners.  So we talked about the sport of running for a few minutes because he's a fan too.  It's just so rare to meet other fans apart from in run clubs or at events.

Anyway, I'm feeling tired, but pumped!  So glad to be back home!

6 comments:

Fran said...

I'm so glad you're back, too! I look forward to a walk or something if you have the time. :-)

Fran said...

The runners are going by my apartment bldg with whoops and hollers. My 9th floor vantage point lets me watch the swarm snake under the bridge and beyond. It's like watching a fit, slightly disorganized, neon-coloured army!

Fran said...

Oh yeah - best of luck!

cs said...

Ha, the "swarm snake"--like that! And I do have time...:)

Fran said...

I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm free this week. Is there an evening that works for you? I won't make you run, I promise! lol

cs said...

Sent you a message on FB--how about sometime this weekend? I fancy a shortish but foodful foray~