Monday, May 5, 2014

Run, Lola, run!

Lola Rennt!

How to choose marathon pace when you haven't a clue what it could be or what your treadmill is actually making you do?  dunno*.   But I like nice round numbers so, what the heck, 7.0 mph, which might actually be 7.64 mph = (rough TM correction factor: 59 min/54/min = 1.0926)7.0.  But that was my husband's jacked up Time Lord run, and I was robbed only about two minutes this time, therefore (79.17/77.17)7.0 = (1.0259)7.0 = 7.18 mph.  Plus the garage was about 27 C.  Great detox!

At any rate, even 7.0 mph flat is probably an ambitious pace at this point, but it felt nice at first...oh, yeah, that trap!

At any rate, the treadmill said that I ran 9 miles in 77:10.  It got to be a tough run, mainly because the garage was hot, I think, but my legs were feeling heavy.  Breathing was easy for the most part, though.

*Sorry for the lack of capitalization.  I am still low on sleep and my manual dexterity is starting to suffer.  Yesterday I dropped a large glass of water near my computer, and there was just enough splash to take out my "d" key.  I found a free program that let me assign a hotkey (couldn't figure out through the computer's OS somehow...man, I'm dull these days) but I forgot about capital d.  Anyway, will see if it dries out with rice on it, but turns out that a wireless keyboard is only $70, cheaper and easier than buying and installing a replacement keyboard.  or I can just adapt.  See, if I still had my old job, I'd just pry the plastic sheets between the key mechanism and wiring, and blast some nitrogen there and hope for the best!  Is it possible for regular people to buy compressed nitrogen?  Answer: yeah, on Amazon--turns out that paintballers, scuba divers, and brewers use it too!

No comments: