Monday, April 14, 2014

not pumped!

Too much too soon

Friday: an encouraging tempo run on the TM, 4.5 miles in 33:54.  It was quite rough but 7:32/mile, I'll take it, especially considering the FREE! but poorly calibrated TM correction factor (I'm still tinkering with the equation, but once my husband ran 59 RL minutes in 54 TM minutes, that gave me something quantitative to gnaw on, but I also feel that the faster paces are more accurate than the slower paces).  At any rate, I don't think I've maintained that many 7.5 min miles in a row before.  I'm slow and tempo effort is my weakest point.

Sat: easy 45ish minute recovery jog in the forest.  It was rather warm, though, and not pleasant.

Sun: warmer, even less pleasant.  My husband and I planned on jogging 16 miles, but I felt horrible.  We decided to stay off the roads, at least until we dropped the dog off back home, and we went into the big forest.  The dog enjoyed the streams and maybe I should've too, but it was just a lousy day for running. The air had too much pollen and ash, it was too hot, my chest felt tight, my head hurt, etc; I might have been dehydrated, maybe I shouldn't have eaten that street food yesterday even after gluten questions were answered satisfactorily...and I started to feel strangely emotional, which isn't a good sign.  So I grabbed the dog and walked home.  After I took a shower and a nap, the dog woke me up and I guess I lost track of time because it felt like my husband had been gone forever.  My head still hurt; why did I leave my baby out there in that big bad crispy world?

So we went back to the forest and waited at the top.   Then we walked down a bit to a spot where we'd likely meet him, if he was still in there.  I waited a bit and then thought, oh, he's walking, ok, we'll wait twenty more minutes and then we'll try going down this other road and maybe meet him there.  Just roll around until we found him.  Hero of the day, btw!  I figured my husband was probably miserable and walking by this point and would appreciate the comfort of A/C on his way home.

Nah, he jogged into town and grabbed a sandwich on the way.  They grilled it for him too, hence his prolonged absence.  He phoned me when he got home, while I was still waiting in the forest.  OOPS.  So I went back home and had another nap.

Today: walked in the smaller forest.   Maybe a short jog on the TM tonight.  There is definitely a bit of internal upset, but this is my very last tough week.   I have to push through 3 more tough workouts, that's it!   And then 5-6 months of summer.   Let's talk about that later.


No comments: