Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A perfect summer day and update and a youth shoes experiment

Yesterday: walked a lot, jogged a total of 15 minutes.  I was sore in a nice good way.
Today: jogged with the dog for 50 minutes, and jogged on the TM for 15 minutes.  Had to loosen up (still a bit sore) and test out new shoes.

Yes, I ordered a pair of youth shoes on clearance--$24!  They were the same model as an adult pair I got in 2012, so I had to try them out.  They aren't quite as comfortable as the adult pair, and the construction seems a bit more haphazard.   I suppose that's the reason why they're less expensive than the adult model--maybe they figure kids won't notice, or care.  This made me a bit sad at first, and then I remembered that, once my feet grew to a certain size, I graduated from velcro shoes (lol) to my mom's old Reeboks.  yeeeesh (fortunately, my feet grew larger than hers so I got my own running shoes again).  As for these shoes, I won't order another pair, but I won't return them either because they will be fine for TM runs and general gym stuff.  And now I know that I can check out my youth size on the clearance rack.

I also ordered a pair of adult shoes on clearance...I don't really like pink, but it's often what's on sale!  Those shoes haven't arrived yet but I'm really hoping that they work for me; otherwise, I'll be running some more in my three year old busted up "slippers".   Sadly, that model has been discontinued; I guess I'll use them until they fall off my feet.

Anyway, today was perfect easy run and summer weather.

No comments: