Monday, December 31, 2012

Year end

Yesterday and today, I woke up progressively earlier (7:14 and 7:00) and jogged a couple of miles with the dog, but we were too late both times for a completely dawn run.  The prospect of running in orange-tinged light, on a different and alien beach in effect, is entrancing, and I suppose I will continue to rise as early as possible and get out as quickly as possible while we are staying here.  The brevity and ease of the jog has relieved much pressure: I don't feel compelled to complete the usual pre-run preparations; instead, I wake up, pull clothes on, do a partial fluid change, and go.

Then, after breakfast, I ran another two miles with my husband both days.  Keeping things light for now.  I think getting into the habit of a relaxing and early start is paramount at this point.

My lungs and chest are feeling clearer.  It feels like the crud is working its way out.  I actually forgot I was running at a few points today.  That is a good sign.  Perhaps it also means that I don't like running as much as I thought I did!

I have not been running barefoot although my husband has.  The sand is a bit too cold for me until later in the afternoon, and I haven't been running then.

To sum up 2012?  It could have been better, but conditions were against me left and right and I'm happy that I didn't give up jogging altogether.   Although, perhaps jogging less through the worst drought/heatwave in a half-century might have been wiser!  I'm hoping that the breathing problems will not be permanent.

Hopes for 2013?  I really don't know.  I guess I'll see how things are when we move to our new place/town/trails (hopefully, trails!)  Meanwhile, the beach will be calling at dawn and I have a new plan.

No comments: