Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolution #1

Don't eat a large meal right before a run.   The dog and I jogged 3ish miles, then I ate breakfast (oatmeal), then a few hours later, I ate second breakfast, which was two bowls of spaghetti and sauce.  Originally, I'd decided not to join my husband for his run because I was full of spaghetti and sauce, but the mass dropped to what I thought was a safe low, and out I went, but up it went gradually, until after about a mile when I decided to walk and finish digesting my meal properly before it took the wrong exit.   I am not unaccustomed to running right after eating, but the portion size this time was simply too large.

This was yesterday.  My first run of 2013!  We didn't wake up early enough for the dawn, but I think it was too cloudy for a proper one.

This morning was less chromatic still.  I woke up to a dark heavy blue which gradually became a light grey.   The most memorable part of today's run was that the wind has finally shifted direction: until today, it has always blown from the south when I've been out.  I didn't notice at first, it was a very gentle breeze, and so I ran into what I thought was it, but it was against me on the way out.  Fortunately, the temperatures were warm enough that this wasn't an issue, even though we were getting rained on.  3ish miles again, and I walked for about 15 minutes afterward.

The dog did not appreciate the walk back because it was in the rain and wind, and it delayed his breakfast.  

I may run again today, probably not if it's still raining.

No comments: