Tuesday, December 11, 2012

one day to go

Until it's two days to go, then three, then 2 X 5....I have a small series of small fragments ahead before an indefinite stretch of indefiniteness during which I will probably float on the fluffy white cloud of numerous possibilities, at least for an indefinite little bit.

Meaning, I have no clue what I'll be doing in NC, but stage one of the move is over, our stuff gets taken away tomorrow, then we house-camp for a couple more days, and then we head out.  I think I might run on Thursday, my last run in Kansas.  Right now I'm slightly drained from several nights of skimpy sleep, and my eyes are itching from either allergies or disturbed dust.   Plus my running clothes are buried.  Not packed, just buried under other things shoved into a bathroom so that the movers don't take them away.  We did our best to craft a point-to-point move this time, house directly to another house--we even took a week off to go to NC and iron things out (instead of going to Belize or somewhere with pretty tropical fishes to watch), and it did help somewhat, but we're still stuck with a half-carload or so of important-yet-not-travel-related stuff for almost a month, on prosaic paths to boot.  We have to go back south-east, but not far enough.

On the plus side, the large cooler we got for the koi has a small interior ledge on all sides which not only perfectly supports a certain tupperware container (so that we can stow the filter, spare air pumps, Cloram-X, and other fish gear into it while traveling and avoid taking up extra space in the car, and the fish can still fit in the water under it), but also perfectly supports a certain cribbage board (and the running filter atop it when not traveling).  Three disparate objects acquired at different times and in different countries are pulling together.  This has solved a few potential problems and given me hope that I can keep my raccoon-scarred koi alive for the next month.  They're busily scrounging for food in the new cooler right now.  LOL

No comments: