Thursday, December 6, 2012

4 days to go

Until our stuff gets boxed up.  We're moving again.

Meanwhile, everything else is begging extra hard for attention.  It's been one thing after another.  I haven't run this week.  Last week, 3 times.  The week before?  Thus ends the running portion of this entry.  I would like to run up the big hill one more time before I leave, but otherwise I guess I'm tired of running here: it has not been the release it usually is.

A list of all the distractions would be tedious and possibly fate-beckoning because some are as of yet incompletely addressed.  However, I must mention the most memorable in order to praise my dog who, through his perception and persistence, kept chasing a raccoon out of the yard and eventually treed it for several hours, and coaxed me to the pond beside which I found five of my six koi laid out in a row.  They might have been out for as long as couple of hours, and one of them wasn't visibly breathing, but they all revived and are all still alive, albeit with some torn fins and missing scales and a few scratches.  One of them got her face torn up substantially, and I thought I'd lose her, but she's back in fine glutton form.  (I know for 99% sure that she is female because she eats like EDIT: Ms. Pacman: like a CHAMP!.  Later on, I found the sixth koi by a tree--the raccoon started his snack with the most gorgeous one but I'm grateful it did not sample the full buffet.  Apparently, some animals will take just a bite and move on to the next.  At any rate, I now have five small koi living in a 65 gal stock tank indoors, requiring a bit more time and maintenance than before.  It's apparently spring for them which entails eating (and tearing up plants) more.  That's it, guys, the end of the anacharis!

2 comments:

Fran said...

Ms. Pac Man!! Best game ever!

cs said...

How could have I forgotten such a fun game? Thanks!