Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sushi Saturday and Susana Sunday

Saturday: rest and raw fish.  The one and only sushi place opened here about a month or so ago, and we've been getting it regularly, usually on Saturday.  It's become the highlight of the week!

Today, 8.5 miles, 2.5 with the boys, and 6 on the treadmill.  The first 2.5 were hot and clammy, the last six were amazing!!  Several factors contributed to this: more strength and flexibility about my hips, something which I've noticed these past few days and attribute in turn to the regular workout routines I've been following; better sleep; new music.  A couple of weeks or so, I got an album of different artists.  I like trying these things out because it exposes me to a wider variety, but I have been disappointed in the past by the paucity of certain singers' other recordings: the one good recording is the one I have.  So, when I fell for the voice of Susana, a Dutch trance singer, my hopes weren't high because I didn't know that there were such things as trance singers; I'd thought that tracks were pulled from here and there, and she'd turn out to be someone from the 80s with like three songs to her name and present emphysema.  Something like that.

No, she has two recent albums already and is young and seemingly hearty and I really like her voice.  The trance element is an unleashing endorphin bonus.   Something about the solid beat and soaring melody banishes discomfort.  Now I have to figure out if playing this recording too often will wear it out, should I save it for harder runs?  Because it really was perfect this morning.

I did clamshells, rows, and deadlifts after the run, and the music ended about a second after I put the dumbbells down.  Perfect.

No comments: