Friday, June 22, 2012

melted

We had a couple of rather hot days.   Usually, the high is 30-31 C, and I've gotten used to this, but we had a 38 C day and a 36 C day, and then thunderstorms followed by a relatively cool but very humid day.

I'm not sure if it's the weather that has worn me down, or a more strenuous than normal work shift on Monday: I haven't done much these past few days BUT I managed to do more than nothing.  And I've been sleeping more and, more importantly, still soundly.

Wed:  nothing
Thurs: 1.5 miles with the dog, Zwow #12
Fri: 1.5 miles with the dog, Zwow #9

I guess that's ok for zombie days.  It was very tempting to do nothing, but since I woke up later, my dog was more persistent about going out.  When I wake up before six, he is uninterested in going out and usually doesn't even move.  When I wake up after seven, he follows me around the house with hopeful eyes.   It's too hot to go far at that time, but at least both of us get out.

As for the resistance exercises: routines #12 and #9 are both 10-minute tough workouts, but only 10 minutes long.   Ten minutes of hard exertion is less daunting than 20 of medium-hard exertion for some reason.    And this stuff seems to be paying off.  I've recently noticed more strength in my pushups.  Still can't do pistol squats, though!

A good goal for me these days feels like 3 hr+-long runs a week and 2-3 of Z's workouts, plus the usual clamshells and so forth.  This means that I need to complete a long run and another workout tomorrow.

No comments: