Saturday, November 27, 2010

turkey

It was US Thanksgiving this past Thursday and we celebrated here, hence, leftovers. :D I actually feel a touch paleolithic because this is my third day of eating just one meal, but one really substantial meaty meal, per day. (plus snacks, mainly clementines)

Thurday: it was cold so I jogged for a half hour continuously. It amazes me that I was so concerned about a half hour just a week or so before, but jogging for a half hour and running for a half hour are different--thank goodness I can jog now!

Friday: rest day.

Saturday: my husband joined us and we jogged for a half hour and then I did strides and resistance exercises--I think I was supposed to jog for 6 minutes after the strides but I forgot that until now. But what are six minutes compared to the important aspects? The snow was beautiful, the weather was beautiful, just below the point where stuff gets melted and gross, but not too cold, and I was full of protein. And biomechanics were really efficient; after so many rusted iron days, I really appreciated being titanium today. It was still an easy run, which made it lovelier. I don't like breathing hard for more than a few minutes at a time.

We went about 3.4 miles. I think my new years resolution will be to return to Garmin--I'll probably resume it in a couple of weeks when I resume tempo portions, actually.

No comments: