Saturday, November 6, 2010

?? chocolate cake again

Long run today! 20 minutes, and then another 10. lol
My concerns: running twice as long as before, running out of steam and having to walk, and running too slowly and hurting my foot.

Fortunately, my foot is very good at giving feedback. I started off slowly and it started to ache; a change had to be made quickly. I didn't quite hit upon the magic pace I've been envisioning, but a compromise of sorts ensued. I ran and when I noticed that my breathing was becoming a bit pushed, I dropped back a bit and let things relax. It was just a fraction but it made all the difference, a moment or two of feeling like I wasn't actually running. I miss this sensation, I used to have it all the time on my easy runs after coasting for a while in some other zone and then coming back with a ridiculous realization "I have actually been running all this time!" There, perhaps, was the magic pace, but I couldn't quite lock into it. Not quite there yet!

However, it was a much nicer run than I'd feared. I extended it by 40 seconds to get to a bridge (because I like getting to stuff). 2.58 miles in 20:40. My ten minute section was 1.24 miles and it felt more consistent. I wasn't tinkering, I was just coasting. Maybe it's time for the Garmin to come out because I seem to be craving numbers these days, but maybe that's because I still have to watch my watch, but what I really want is to float over miles and come home after an hour or so of head-clearing.

It'll be interesting to see how my easy run feeling develops. I will be doing pretty much the same workouts next week, and perhaps the week after that too, will see.

No comments: