Monday, November 22, 2010

even longer run!

I got bored and decided to take things to the next level. I have been following Jack Daniels' white plan (pretty much a learn to run thing) and had spent three weeks on the third stage and was going to stay there this week too.

Three factors changed my mind:

I jogged for 27 minutes on Saturday.
I jogged, period! Jogging for 30 minutes is less daunting than running.
It was icy this morning. It's easier to run than walk on ice.

So I went to the next level and we kept going. 30 minutes, then 6 strides, then 6 minutes jogging for a cool-down. it went well! It always amazes me, though, that what I think is a 'flat' route definitely isn't flat when there's a bit of ice on it. Fortunately, there was a mostly clear section long enough for strides; I never noticed until today that that section isn't exactly level, but good enough.

It feels great to coast again.

I forgot to add that the strides worked much better than I'd imagined. I had my dog with me but he matched my pace well and enjoyed the faster pace. It was exciting for him but he stayed at my side--but there were zoomies when we got home :)

No comments: