Monday, November 25, 2013

Winter!

It was -4 C when I ran this morning!  I didn't sweat much--I definitely didn't feel any sweat on my face.  That pooling of sweat on the underside of my chin...yeah, blech.   Instead, my face felt cold, but dry and wonderful.  The dog and I jogged about 80 minutes.

Some of the trails looked different due to a recent clean-up.  One trail in particular has been cleared of debris, and I was surprised to see how many roots are actually on it.  And I was surprised at how white its sand is.  I hadn't noticed that before.  It was almost as good as snow (in terms of minimalist aesthetic and inefficient footing/lack of ping).

I know which trail they should tackle next: one with especially protruding roots and deep piles of dead leaves.  I had my worst trip and fall on this section before it was so covered.  This morning, all I could do was keep my cadence and my feet up, and hope that it wouldn't hurt too much.

No comments: