Wednesday, November 6, 2013

weights

Just a walk in the forest today.  Matters have improved, and the forest is rather a forgiving environment, but the sustained internal jostling of running would have tempted fate.

But that's not a factor during weightlifting, especially in my garage with a bathroom steps away.  Yeah!  Although, I didn't do squats, just in case.

I repeated the impromptu workout I did last time:

power cleans
delt flies
pike situps
power cleans
clamshells

X3

It's short and targets what I can't neglect.

The power cleans were better today.  I ended up with two sets at the heaviest weight I used last time and they felt fine.  And I got reacquainted with a certain moment.  Just after the starting exhalation, just after the first impulse, when muscular force is countered by mass X acceleration, the deciding tension yanks against my fingers (more so than my palms)--that tug tests commitment.  When I haven't fully invested, the pull is spongy and slow, and the outcome is sloppy.  However, if I've focused properly, the pull is sharper and stronger, and it provokes a violent response that strips away mass and fatigue.  The bar disdains gravity and sails serenely upward.  As though it launches from a dark pit of spikes into a cerulean sky, dragging me with it.

THIS is why I like this exercise!  After weeks of struggling, it's back.

I tried to find music to capture this feeling, but failed (best I could think of was a combo of Autechre Fol3 and Lully's Te Deum, but I have no idea what to search for, what it would be called, nor even if it's been composed yet), but I discovered the Shredlord instead!

No comments: