Sunday, November 24, 2013

~

Fri: walk
Sat: 25 minute jog
Sun: 30 minute jog, plus modest weight workout.  My quads almost feel normal, although I didn't attempt any squats to check for sure.  It had been a long time since I last trashed my legs this badly, if ever.  It feels worse than after any of my marathons.  Big time myofibril renos.

Amazingly, these jogs were truly recovery jogs, on the "annex" sandy and slightly hilly trails close to my house--these felt tough when I first moved here, but they were blissfully easy yesterday and today.  The weather helped too: close to freezing today.  I felt like I didn't even actually sweat this morning.   Lovely.  I've been waiting for this for so long!  Too bad it wasn't a week earlier, but I just can't seem to shake too warm race weather, so I guess I just have to deal with it.

Anyway, it's taken only ten months, but now that I've finally acquired recovery run options that are convenient, I can run more.  I just can't do as much without those super easy runs.

No comments: