Thursday, May 24, 2012

a run!

I jogged for 20 minutes on the treadmill and it felt horrible at first.  I kept the speed slow and my breathing remained easy, but my legs remained sore throughout.  By the end, it felt a bit better.  That was my goal.

1.5ish miles in 20 min.  I'm not sure if the calibration is off, or what...could I really be that slow?  I've had my share of pain-wracked recovery jogs, and they have been pretty slow at times, but not that slow.   The treadmill is at a slight incline, but too slight to slow me down that much.  

But I scrutinize it too closely!  It is a cheap treadmill that I got out of an attic for free, but it serves the purpose of letting me jog easy in this place of many hills.  And, at this point, I'm still sort of sleep deprived, still recovering from the 1/2 marathon, and a cold, and probably my ferritin levels are low again.  Hey, at least I ran today!  It wasn't going to be pretty, no matter what.  Afterward, my legs felt very warm.  hopefully that is a sign of rejuvenation.

Afterward, I tried one of MarC's workouts, a yoga-based workout, but my muscles were still sore so I ended up doing some gentle yoga instead.  I used to do this in the morning but have been too sleepy recently.  Perhaps if I do gentle yoga after runs and workouts, I'll recover more quickly.  It definitely felt good.

My nap today, and yesterday, wasn't ideal: I woke up in the middle of it.  Not because of the bells, though!  That is an improvement.  Knock wood, they have become insignificant.


2 comments:

Fran said...

Life brand! They make the sturdy and reliable ear plugs that are D approved. But why do I get the feeling there is no Shoppers Drug Mart in your area...

cs said...

The local drugstore is independent and has a soda fountain.