Wednesday, May 23, 2012

no run yet

My calves are still tender, I'm still tired, and I slept in a bit because my throat has been feeling sore for the past day.

However, I needed to prime today's nap with a bit of fatigue especially since I slept in, and I was also a bit disgusted at the thought of going to Thursday without a single workout.  I did one of Z's routines.  It was a rather intense ten minutes.

Although my running has gone down the tubes, I was gratified to see that the demands of work have made me fitter in other ways: I kept pace with Z during the competition burpees.  With these, you lower yourself completely until you're lying full on the ground, and I found it much much easier to push up from this pose this time--in fact, I'm not sure if I've ever managed to do this type of burpee at all before.   Plus I kept pace with her.  Usually I cannot; truthfully, in order to follow her workouts, I usually end up dropping a burpee or two.  Not this time!

Admittedly, I used lighter weights than her, but they were enough.  It was a solid workout.

No comments: