Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lilacs

Everything is in full bloom, I think...I'm not familiar with some of the flowering bushes and trees here, especially the weeping willow type with the pale pink-purple blossoms. Many pleasant surprises here.

It wasn't pouring rain or much above 20C this afternoon, so I grabbed the dog as soon as I got home and we hit the hills not only because we have no choice in terms of hills, but because he is such a good boy and need to catch up with the smells (news).

We ran a 2.75 loop that we've run before, so I was prepared for the little series of little but steep hills on a particular street. I am still not used to feeling so out of breath! The only way I can avoid it is by walking uphill in some places. Fortunately, the less steep portions are becoming even less steep, and I'm catching my breath more quickly after the tougher bits.

I jogged on the TM afterward to loosen up, then did what I remembered of one of Z's old routines.

No comments: