Saturday, March 3, 2012

cheese!

There are quite a few local cheeses here, as it turns out, and some of them have become part of my diet.

We decided to run in Ottawa, Kansas--yes, there is an Ottawa, Kansas--which is a small city (town?) with two trails going through it that were formerly train tracks. We couldn't figure out how to get to one of them, and the lady at the visitor centre didn't know either, but she helped us find the other one.

It was not a good run. My legs were heavy, and then my guts started to complain. Probably the issue was the stevia drink we shared on the way over--this thing sat on the counter during the detox diet and then I guess we felt we had to drink it, but it was so sickly sweet, I didn't have a lot, but it was too much. The discomfort grew during the run and eventually eclipsed the heaviness of my legs, enough to push a bit more and finish the run sooner, and then I actually got into a good groove of sorts. My innards were still iffy, but otherwise I was running very smoothly and, man, why can't I run like that all the time? It took about an hour of discomfort until I got to that zone.

That happens occasionally, a foul run yields something surprising. That chance is enough reason to push through the many other foul runs that stay foul.

We ran 9.5 miles in total.

Later on, I jogged 3.5ish miles on the treadmill.

No comments: