Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day?

We jogged for 20 minutes this morning, that's all...it was a good intro to real winter.

The cold was almost past my dog's range of comfort, and it will get colder, and so the challenge begins. It ends in March when I bring him to the vet for shots and flea meds and admonishments: "he's overweight." The challenge is to not bring a 70+ pound dog there for the third year in a row. He should be closer to 60 pounds.

Meanwhile, I have to get used to the cold too.

I have to write a final exam this afternoon; I'm feeling a little not normal now; I just signed up for the Hypothermic Half. I'm not sure if that counts as a distraction, or procrastination; it's some sort of coping reflex. Anyway, the course is still not confirmed but will likely be loops or out-and-back repeats, both of which I like, and the loot is a tote bag and a hat. We have a similar tote bag which gets used a lot, and the hat is a very emotionally laden item: my old Hypo 1/2 hat was stolen, possibly by a army base rent-a-cop. I want a new hat and I have time to do a couple more longer runs and I'm in much better shape than I was before my last half. Just have to stay healthy!

No comments: