Monday, December 13, 2010

?

1/2 hour recovery run with the dog. It worked out really well. I was stiff and sore in a good way: I'd trashed myself yesterday with the run and the weights and resistance exercises afterward. This was very different than the other kind of soreness I had felt for too long: inflammation, swollen lymph nodes, edema, etc, making each run a recovery run while withholding the good runs, the energetic runs, the lifting the ceiling runs.

But yesterday's run was a true lifting the ceiling run, followed by a good honest burn from the exercises.

I think it has been a long time since I've had a true recovery run; feeling the discomfort of progress actually made the run pleasant.

Another good surprise was the dog. He's been having issues with his paws and booties; we missed a couple of runs last week because of this. I was worried that it would be too cold for him, -9C/ -16C windchill, but there was a light dusting of fresh snow and no fresh salt; I didn't put the booties on him, and he was fine! victory!

No comments: