Wednesday, December 29, 2010

?

I checked the date I stopped eating wheat: Jan 23, 2010. Therefore, it's been about 330ish days mostly wheat-free.

The Christmas holiday meals and so forth were largely successful in terms of eating wheat, but after a week of dinners and guests, I'm feeling kind of zombie-like. Crumbs left in the butter, the serving ladle for the stuffing put in the potatoes, that kind of thing. I could be more vigilant, but I figure that enjoying the holidays without increasing stress on everybody is worth a bit of fatigue.

I pushed my sluggish slightly bloated self through speedwork this evening:

5X 800M

3:27, 3:29, 3:28, 3:29, 3:25. I felt great for the first three then had to dig for the last two. The pace was faster than expected; I still have some speed to regain but I'm happy. If I can keep this pace up for the next two weeks (1000M and 1200M repeats), I'll be thrilled.

Afterward, I did strides and resistance exercises.

No comments: