Friday, November 20, 2009

an ok run

Things hurt this morning, but no more than usual. Seems like quitting the trough at least two hours before bed is helpful.

I decided to run today and the aesthetics weren't what I was hoping for. I was expecting to run into the pink of dawn, something like that, but it was drizzly instead. However, I was pleasantly surprised: I was hoping for 30 min at least but it ended up being 60 min. I threw in some faster intervals: I picked up the pace for about a min, and then coasted back, and then picked it up again when my breathing calmed down. I think I did five such intervals. My muscles were sore, but it was good to move a bit faster. Faster being relative: total distance covered was about 5.85 miles. LOL.

Still, I'm feeling more optimistic--more resigned to not running every day, yes, but also more optimistic that the overall quality of my runs will go up.

No comments: