Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thursdayorama

(but just the morning)

We had a 6:00 am dragonboating practice. My God. I was offered a ride, but I knew that if I rolled out of bed into and out of somebody's car, it would be like all that transitioning had never happened. I'd be stuck in stage one, comatose, useless.

So I figured that since jogging there had been nice, I might as well do that.

I woke up around 4:30 am, before my alarm, and got dressed, drank some juice, and went. I was on my way by 5:06.

And it was pretty much light by then! I had no idea. I had had visions of going over the bronson bridge bathed by a creamy pinky-gold sunrise, something like that, but it turned out that an anemic pink-lavender thing was already succumbing to blue even before I got under the Queensway.

You see, way back in the day, I had to go to the Byward market at 5:00 am (I ran a stall) and there were a few mornings where the light was this intense gold that shone sideways and made all those dour parliamentary buildings on Wellington look like they were in Venice. (not that I've been to Venice)

So I was disappointed.

However, the run woke me up, and then we were on the water at 6, and I honestly don't remember much of the practice except that it was a good workout. Then, breakfast, kindly brought by our team captain, and then I jogged home by a longer route. I didn't have anything planned except my volunteer stint at the hospital that afternoon.

Then, since I was sort of on a roll, but getting kind of tired, I grabbed the dog after getting a quick bite to eat, and we went off for another hour-ish. Admittedly, there was quite a bit of walking near the end because I was getting kind of tired. I'd already been at it for about four hours by this point. LOL

Total: 13ish miles.

I flaked out of jogging to/from the hospital. I took the bus both ways.

It was a great morning.

No comments: