Wednesday, June 17, 2009

HOT

Tues: 1.5 miles with the dog. I was a slug.
Wed: 5.22 miles with the dog, albeit mostly walking. But it was so hot! like 25C and humid and sunny. It was a fun outing, though. We stopped to sit on the grass a couple of times. I also did a bunch of yardwork and housework.

Then, evening, tempo run. I think we did just over 8K. In ??. Not sure because my Garmin was somehow nudged off its recharging dock so it ran out of juice. But that was ok because I was feeling sluggish and it's that time of the month but a week early for some reason, so, man, I'm a bit drained. And whingy about the heat. LOL. Numbers would have been a distraction. Instead I had a really nice run. I got into a zone where I was just cranking mindlessly. I think I was starting to fade near the end, but still ever so slightly negative split it even with camping out at the water fountain on the way back. I guess I'm getting into the tempo groove. This is the third week we've done tempo runs, and while they're a bit slower than what I'm used to, they're also longer.

Anyway, tomorrow will be the usual ten-mile thursday, albeit starting before 6 am. WHAAA? Yeah, I'll probably start jogging to Dow's lake around 5:10. Our practice is at 6 am. Then I'll jog home...I'm considering bringing my water/fuel belt so that I can go back the longer way. Or maybe I'll go back the shorter way, then grab the dog for a quick few. And then maybe I'll bus it back from the Civic, or go down to the Parkdale Market again and get more local strawberries and then bus it back. So many options...

At any rate, I might see my husband in a week! WHOA.

No comments: