Sunday, March 1, 2009

Long run

It was actually a bit longer than I thought I'd do: 10.08 miles. I didn't get much sleep last night and got to run club late; I jogged around a couple of miles and then found my people. The pace felt a little fast, but it was ok. My legs weren't sore, I didn't push them, but they're still lacking a bit of ping. I chatted and ran with my friends for about an hour (and we stopped for coffee and pralines, lol--that darn Byward Market temptation!), and then I jogged the last couple alone, more slowly. I'll just keep things easy until I feel like I'm back to normal.

This won't be hard to do...my husband is en route. Might still take a few days for him to get here, but it won't be long now. I don't think I'll run much while he's here. He's been running too, but in much warmer weather.

Actually, I just checked and it's only +10 or so there! I figured it would be in the twenties by now, but what do I know, apart that it's now too warm to order him cheese? (lol, yeah, Hickory Farms ships, but the cheese season is over). The only time I've been in the Middle East was during one summer. So, it'll be a bit less of an adjustment than I thought, but still cold, and I don't think he's going to want to run in -20 windchill.

Should be warmer in the States, though.

Anyway, I guess I'll take a nap.

edit: took the nap, then played in a concert, for real. I used to be a musician. It's been about six years since I've performed, though, and I'm really rusty. Fortunately, I was only needed for one piece, about 15 min. My guts have been sort of off recently again and nerves really did a number beforehand, but once things got rolling, it was fun. I like having the increased focus. I've missed that. Not the pre-concert jitters, though. A: not fun and B: pretty much like race jitters anyway. I tell myself, though, that the queasiness is due to blood being diverted from my digestive system to places that will be working, like my extremities.

AFter that, I was going to go to yin yoga, but instead decided to stay home, eat Kraft Dinner, lie on the couch (and eat KD at the same time--I'm a pro at this) and watch Waterworld. Totally veg.

No comments: