Saturday, March 28, 2009

shorts :)

yep, it was shorts weather again today. Lovely and sunny.
Of course, this meant that EVERYONE was out by the Canal, but not too many pushy dogs. And one of them was mine. Granted, all he did was ignore 'Let's go' (he'd stopped to sniff something), but it's a slippery slope, so I put the Gentle Leader on him and that was that. He knows better. I guess the melting snow has unearthed all sorts of interesting smells, but that's no excuse. Anyway, it was a nice gentle run. 7.53 miles. My legs feel fine from yesterday, but the top of my right foot is sore--I think my laces were too tight yesterday. it happens.

I'll be sad if it rains tomorrow...I'm really enjoying spring. This past winter has been my first real full one since 2002, and I'd forgotten how wonderful it feels to get through it. It's almost manic. After coasting about for a few hours yesterday and then today, soaking up the rays as though I had chloroplasts, I felt like I could conquer something. Not sure what, but it was invigorating.

Maybe I have conquered something: I did my last chem lab today. Just have to type up a report and send it off, and then I'm free (to start the next thing, lol). This course has been a major challenge for me.

At any rate, during the ultra, I should try to remember that omnipowerful feeling. I'll need it. LOL

Oh, weight update this week: the dog has lost 1.5 pounds, and I have lost 2. I'm more worried about him, haha, but I could stand to lose some winter insulation. ;)

No comments: