Wednesday, March 4, 2009

catching up

I've been distracted this week. A lot of family stuff. And I've also been really crabby about running. I'm tired of winter, tired of wearing layers, tired of chafing, tired of ice, tired of not being able to run with the dog as much.

However, it looks like the weather will improve, and I'm thrilled. knock wood.

Monday and Tuesday, about 2 miles each day, running to/from errands.

Today, 6.13 slow sluggish miles with the dog. It was still a nice run, only about -4, and sunny. See, that's what winter should be like, just a hint of briskness. then 6.51 miles in the evening. Speedwork! sort of. I'm still sort of hollow--I'm not sore, but I still don't have as much spring as I used to. Which is ok. I'm just letting things happen. But I decided to try running a little faster tonight. I was slower than usual, and I didn't do the whole workout, but I didn't tire myself out too much, either, and it was fun and got things revved up in a positive way, I think.

I said I was reverse tapering, but they didn't buy it. Apparently, I'm really sparing myself for my husband's arrival...TOMORROW. Like, wow. I can't describe how it is to see your loved one after 8ish months apart. A lot of emotions.

So I probably won't be doing speedwork next week, nor 50 miles. LOL

2 comments:

Fran said...

Dude, your last post was like, an eternity ago. Me, I'm a slacker, always have been, but you - you're consistent to the core.

Must be up to somethin.

Will we see you soon? Only 20 on Sunday, should be enjoyable.

cs said...

oh, when I slack, I really slack. lol