Saturday, August 30, 2014

weekly round up!

The heat is a cage around my core.  A malevolent beast with its jaws around my neck.

I spoke too soon about the reprieve of fall: no longer in sight after all.   I'm starting to get really cranky--I got cabin fever--I'm going to have to take some time off this blog.  Tues, high of 37 C.  What is that crap?  A big lumpy ball of monkey-flung excrement slowly sliding a greasy line down the prison wall?  I mean, there are rules.   Gross hot long summer climate = amazing tropical fruits and sights and smells and adventures, right?  I should be sipping free tea in the midst of haggling for fine cotton, or eating strange things in a night bazaar....

Instead I get to accidentally eat gluten again.  Wednesday's gluten-free hamburger bun must have been toasted on the same rack as the normal buns :(  

Therefore, the week has sort of ended on a brown note, but the dogs and I just had a nice walk at least.  Evening walks can be iffy these days because there isn't much time between sub-30 C and sunset, and we don't have the safety of sidewalks, but night time is the right time.   I get to see bats and the two toads that hang out in front of the garage in the evenings (and occasionally get inside).

Meanwhile, I'm going to keep up with the walks and the weights as best as I can, and I'll check in next time I actually run outside.   Promise!

2 comments:

Fran said...

Please don't stop writing! Even when the heat and humidity are conspiring against you. I always look forward to reading your posts.
Signed,
-A fan

cs said...

Aww, thanks, and it's not as bad as it sounded! ;)