Tuesday, August 26, 2014

~

I was so pumped for a refreshing run this morning, the first outside run in way too long, but--

Yeah, I got out a bit later than I'd hoped to, about 7:30, and by then it was already 19 C.  Which isn't bad, but it was too humid to be comfortable.  

Still, baby steps.  3ish miles, then shoulder exercises.   And tomorrow morning is supposed to be "cool" too.

At any rate, I'm grateful for the dip in temps: it has been inspiring.  I signed up for two races over the fall/"winter"*  I wasn't going to bother with races for a while, but then one of the race directors told me that the first race will be more of a party....

And then I figured that would help me get into better shape for the 2nd race, which is also kind of party-like as well.

The trick is to pick the right sort of race, I suppose!



*really, down here, winter is just more fall. 

No comments: