Monday, August 25, 2014

~

A fair bit of writing in RL = less blogging.

Anyway, last week: 2 tempo runs, 2 leg days, 2 shoulder/back days, 1 chest/arm day, some yoga, lots of walking doggies.  And we stepped over a snake one day!  Sometimes I find it hard to see them due to the light, so by the time I get to them, I gotta commit and just keep going.  This has happened a few times--fortunately, just with the harmless black snakes!!! 

Yesterday = nothing.  I felt weak.  Last week was humid and hot--the hottest day was 36 C--and it wore me out.  Even just walking slowly made me sweat through my clothes.  I tried to replace electrolytes but I was feeling more and more light-headed and whatnot.

This morning, though, was only 17 or 18 C!!! the high is only 27 C!  Such a big difference.  The dogs and I walked for 1hr20, almost 6 miles...lots of hills but the breeze felt cool and we kept going (also, I missed a turn).  And then I did a tempo run on the TM (20 min), and then chest day.   That's the easiest weight routine, but the most precarious--I have chalk, but the garage is so hot that I worry about losing my grip on the weights, especially during the dumbbell bench presses.  I haven't come close to dropping anything on my face, but it was such a nice change to not worry about slipping this morning.

The low is supposed to be 16 C...I might even run outside tomorrow! 

It's not going to last.  The highs will be back around 34 C in a few days, and Sunday is supposed to be 36 and rainy too, so that humidex is going to be 40-whatever-awful....but it feels like summer is starting to crumble. 

2 comments:

Fran said...

Think cool thoughts! As in James Dean, the Fonz, cat eye glasses, muscle cars....

cs said...

Thanks!! And cucumbers!