Sunday, January 12, 2014

~ :)

A nice relaxing basking-in-the-sun jog...so, pretty much the perfect run.  (Thanks, Gaz, for the good run vibes!)  Total: 2.5ish hours.  I walked up a few of the hills, too, so that I could stay in this great zone.  It was so transcending.  It felt like sitting out on a patio with friends and drinks all afternoon on the first warm sunny day of the year.  The sun was so bright that the path shimmered--yes, there was some extra reflection caused by the water, left by yesterday's storm which also pounded the sand relatively flat and solid.  So I wasn't working as much as I usually do, plus I was wearing my lightest shoes.  I just drifted along like a giant jellyfish. 

This is my spirit animal for 2014, I've decided.  I'm lazy but really I'm conserving my strength for...something.  Whatever!  Go with the flow.

Anyway, it was an amazing run.  Now I might be high on Vitamin D: I haven't been getting a whole lot of sun this year, even though I have run on a few sunny days so far, because a lot of the sunlight is blocked in the morning.  Today, however, I was out in prime time and I got blasted.  Noon to three, that's when it's at!

Did modest weights, and I will again on Tuesday, possibly after another 2ish hour run...and then I'll become even more of a jellyfish to practice for the ultra.  LOL  Seriously, though, I will out there for a while, so I want to keep the first few hours feeling like nothing.  Tricking myself: oh, I didn't really run all that; this run is shorter than I think.  My general plan is to ease into the thing for the first few hours, and then hopefully stay in a nice groove without too much slowing down until it gets dark, and then I'll pick my way over the roots as deftly as I can.  If it goes really well, I estimate three hours of darkness, but realistically four (hopefully not much more than that!)  This ultra has a civilized start time, 8 am, but I'll be paying for it come 6 pm.  And I'll be slow because I'm a jellyfish (it's 2014, remember).  I don't even want to think about how long it'll take a jellyfish to do this thing.  I figure, once I need a flashlight (I'm not a fancy bioluminescent jellyfish, unfortunately), I'll turn up the tunes and go into a numb zone of denial: oh, I'm not really running all this either!

1 comment:

Fran said...

Anytime! Er...any year!