Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday

Epic jog, nearly 28 miles of sightseeing around Calgary. It took me about 5 hours of moving and almost 7 hours total: I took photos and spent way too much time in a Safeway reading labels at one point.

The long report will have to wait.

Toilet recap:

Low point: miles 8-10 along the Glenmore reservoir, testing a bunch of (locked) toilets that are supposedly open from "mid-May to mid-October". Isn't the 10th mid-May? Don't make me pee in the city's drinking water! (I didn't).

High point: futuristic brushed-chrome/blue-lit/sensor-operated/talking toilet downtown. I even forgave it the lite-jazz soundtrack.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Foreign toilets can be SO interesting, and I would like to request more info about these talking toilets with the forgiveable muzak. But I can wait til your return (if need be). Besides the johns, how was cow town? Did you by any chance bump into Corb Lund? haha, I listen to way, way too much CBC!