Tuesday, May 17, 2011

it would take nearly as long to write about it as to run it

Running in Edmonton wasn't as fun. I didn't have much time, and there was strong wind the whole time I was there, and there was still grit on the street, albeit technically midair as well. Plus the hotel exercise room wasn't the best. And I wasn't getting enough sleep, or eating right (there weren't many healthy eating options, or even much without gluten. I had Ensure, juice, popcorn, salads, and fruit smoothies, milk, and candy; this kept me going, but I felt like I needed more antioxidants to counteract the chemicals I was working with, and definitely more iron. So, I didn't run much.

Now I'm back at home.

Monday: 2 miles with the dog. I'd taken a redeye flight and was feeling pretty zombie-like.

Tuesday: 6.8 miles with the dog. I'm still short on sleep but I'm feeling somewhat recovered.

No comments: