Monday, May 9, 2011

slight confusion

The tough run was on Saturday. Sunday's run was a leisurely 7.5ish miles during which I got wet, got cold hands, and got lost, sort of. It's pretty hard to get actually lost; I haven't managed it thus far. I merely ended up taking a few detours.

At one point I was running through a wooded area between housing communities. It wasn't remote and I was feeling pretty comfortable. Then, all of a sudden, I felt like I was being watched. It wasn't a fearful realization. It felt odd, not scary. I continued running and the feeling quickly faded. At the time, I wondered if someone had been watching me from a house, but a quick glance or two didn't scan any onlookers. Later that day, city wildlife was being discussed. Oh, there wasn't much, and we wouldn't see many animals in Banff, either, but we did. And then it came up that sometimes cougars and bobcats have been sighted in the wooded areas among the newer city developments, such as the one I had been in. The possibility actually doesn't trouble me much. It would have been neat to see a large cat, but of course I'm much better off without any confirmation, considering its unpredictability.

Today's run was somewhat leisurely too, though I got lost/detoured again. Most of the problem stems from plotting routes on old satellite images. There's so much construction going on around here and things are changing quickly. My 3.5ish mile run accumulated 3 more miles, but I think it helped me recover somewhat, especially since it was mostly relatively flat. My legs took a beating on Saturday.

Tomorrow I will run further. Today I have been hydrating and snacking on a fair amount of salt water taffy and junk food in preparation.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Yeah, I like to carbo load with Party Mix too! haha. So yeah, 6 days with the running peeps and no one died as a result, OMFG! We actually had a good time considering the tornados and whatnot. Come to O-town and I'll tell ya all about it. (But have a good time while you're away!)

cs said...

I'll be back next Monday! looking forward to hearing the stories!