Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tues/Wed

Tues: easy 35 min run. Stiff and sluggish, but ok. I've noticed that sometimes it's as if a switch is flipped after about 20 minutes: the stiffness stays but it becomes more comfortable somehow. I coasted a bit after that, but tried to keep it short.

Wed: I rejoined run club! 6X 3min tempo, 1.5 min recovery. I jogged all the recovery periods, average speed 11:30-12:00/mile, lol, but that's ok. I still get the triggers for the arrythmia sometimes when starting or stopping quickly; these are impossible to remove and not such a big deal but still kind of annoying. It's better for me to continue to jog than walk or stop. The tempo portions were consistent until the last one: 7:44-7:50 mile. The last one was 8:03/mile--I was definitely getting tired. Not counting that one, I'm pleased with the consistency. The pace was slow but I was expecting that. These days, I'm slower than I used to be. At least the effort was honest and I didn't wilt too badly. Total: 6.91 miles.

This workout is a big boost to my confidence: I can do speedwork, and I can manage being with the group. Helped that we were doing timed intervals around a loop, lol...I was running alone, but that was fine. I didn't feel too out of shape.

Perhaps the real test will be how I feel tomorrow!

Ironically, run club is going into an easy month--this is good. I can work on tempo run endurance on my own.

No comments: