Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another blah run

I jogged around for an hour. It was sunny and the temperature was nice and crisp with just the right amount of breeze. Wonderful running conditions, but I couldn't make good use of it because my legs were leaden and sore as usual. I got pretty down about this because I wanted to go further, I miss going further, and especially I miss coasting further. I miss those runs where I soak in the atmos and environment that it feels like I'm fully integrated, or hollow, or a collection of atoms moving through another collection of atoms, and then an hour or so later I come out of the daze and realize that I've been running for an hour, just existing. I can't coast like that anymore, I pay for each step.

So, man, I got into the dumps about this a bit and then mulled over the Winterman. Yeah, that's still under my skin. I decided on two new resolutions: I will resume taking iron supplements, and I will allow myself a wheat-free week before the Winterman. Heck, maybe even two weeks. And then I'll gorge myself on whole wheat and wreak renewed havoc (assuming that wheat is the culprit--at this point, after umpteen years of tests and trials, it seems to be, but I'm still bracing for some totally random variable to claim the damages). The prospect of a wheat free week is very encouraging. Remember that time when, oh, starting run actually felt like it was the start of the run, and not the end? Remember what that was like? LOL

So I registered for the full. Nineteen-ish weeks to go.

No comments: