Sunday, November 9, 2014

~

Have I posted since Tues?  Thurs was the same...and Friday was easier, but horrible.  I was wiped by then.

I slept for almost 12 hours, then went on an adventure with the young dog.  We probably covered only about 8 miles total in about seven hours--we jogged to an event and met up with the dog rescue group who'd helped her, including two people who had fostered her, and then we jogged further into town and stopped for coffee, then we went to a chili cook-off, and then we went into the pub that hosted it.  Yep, the pub is dog-friendly, and has a great afternoon vibe.  I had a couple of pints of cider while the dog got loads of attention, enough to apparently bruise her tail (she must have whacked it against something hard).   I've walked/run/driven/cycled by that place umpteen times, but this was the first time I went into it--what took me so long?  I guess it's been a while since I've lived somewhere with a proper pub or bar or whatever--a particular type of drinking establishment, basically-where I can talk with people who have heard of epigenetics and Richard Henry Dana.  There are a bunch of cool people at work too, don't get me wrong, but there we have to, well, work. 


So I think I have the makings of a decent easy long run loop...if I can detour for a few miles in between the coffee shop and the pub, it wouldn't be too shabby distance-wise, and much more interesting than staying the woods or in the ditch.   Gotta reap some sort of enjoyment; gotta get back into the zone.

I slept for another almost 12 hours, and then attempted a long run today.  Called it quits just 2 hrs in, though, but then I went home and unblocked the heck out of a sink.  yeah! 

No comments: