Monday, November 21, 2011

Yoga

Yes, I've returned to regularly scheduled yoga classes. A relative of mine is testing it out and so I've been going too.

I don't know why I always forget how much yoga helps! I have been doing a tiny bit everyday, but not enough to get fully into it, I've realized.

Sunday, I woke up feeling off. I grabbed the dog and we did the world's slowest 6ish mile whatever it was...I did jog most of it (at a pace somewhere between 10:30 and 11 min/mile) but we took breaks. My legs were heavy and everything was sore, etc.

I decided during this adventure that it was time to go old-timey, medieval, if need be, to get rid of this issue I've had since September (!!!). It comes and it goes, yesterday, it was back again. Surely a hot compress or something could push it toward a more decisive exit? I still haven't hit google for this yet but I figure that this is one of those things that women have had since the dawn of time and there's got to be some sort of folk remedy.

Fortunately, it turns out that twisting up for an hour or so in a yoga class is pretty therapeutic! I felt much better during today's run and it was fine. Just 3 miles (I could have kept going quite easily but my gloves were too thin for the cold wind), then a bodyrock routine, then a yoga class in the evening. Oops, I just realized that I forgot the clamshells. :/

No comments: