Sunday, November 13, 2011

getting back into the saddle

Thurs, Fri, Sat: 0. I was sick on Thursday and just plain lazy on the other days. I'm also feeling a bit off in general due to a few recent gluten exposures. It happens; the trick is to space it out enough that damage doesn't accumulate too much. Unfortunately, I started feeling it a couple of days ago but it's not bad.

Fortunately, the staff at the restaurant Gaz and I and the boys went to last night was experienced with GF issues, not to mention that the cooking was excellent!

This morning, Gaz and I started at 8:30 (ok, 8:35, my fault). I wore my backpack instead of my fuel belt to avoid squeezing my guts.

We ran around for a while, went where we felt like. no plan. It was great.

Unfortunately, I started to feel the beginning twinge of ITBS near the end. It's been ages since this has happened, but it has also been ages since I've done clamshells, and the correlation is definite. And nothing else can replace clamshells. Yet I get sloppy with the clamshells now and then and then receive a gentle reminder.

When I got home, my husband was preparing to go for a run. I jogged with him and the dog for about 3 miles, and then I walked the last mile and a bit. I didn't want to aggravate my ITB too much; best to stop while the complaining was still mild. Then I did bodyrock AND clamshells.

total traveled today: 20.19 miles.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Long run, c-shells and bodyrock. On the same day. It`s funny, you look like a human female and yet you are a tank, chugging along; a peaceful tank, gettin `er done, a glass of banana-carrot juice in one hand.

cs said...

Yes, I git 'er done so well, I got almost the whole week's worth of running done by the looks of it. Ah, well...