Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 263

Stairs on Friday didn't happen. It was rainy and the steps are wooden and covered in leaves and slippery even in better conditions. Plus I was still feeling the effects of the last stair workout.

Instead, I walked on Friday and Saturday, and ran today.

6X 5 min, 40 seconds walking in between.
I decided to run an extra repeat slightly more slowly instead of tacking on an extra few minutes of really slow jogging to the end of the last repeat. It felt better but I couldn't keep the slower pace because it still started to bug my foot. I'm really not quite sure what's going on, but running faster feels fine, if tiring everywhere else. I'm hoping that it's more of a pace than effort issue; that as I get more fit, I will find it easier to maintain that foot-comfort zone and I can coast and get somewhere.

Meanwhile, it's great to be running again! I am happy with 30 minutes of running in a workout. I'm going to try to run three times this week, Tuesday and Thursday.

No comments: