Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Minnesota and skipping workouts

Well, I went with my husband to Minnesota for a friend's wedding. It was a fun trip. But, man, gut problems. I pushed things a little too hard last week anyway, and it feels like I haven't been absorbing enough to recover. I skipped running on Friday and Saturday; Sunday was supposed to be a long run or something, but after 2.5ish miles, my right knee was acting up. Nothing major, but it seemed the sort of thing that could become major. With my muscles this tired, it feels like everything is going in every direction, which strains the ligaments around my joints so odd little things are cropping up. It just happened to be my right knee this time--it did feel a little odd last week, but not where it hurt on Sunday. Later on, while I was walking around, my left knee was feeling weird. LOL

I didn't run on Monday or Tuesday or this morning. I've been quite tired and sleeping a couple of extra hours a night/day. I was going to attempt speedwork this evening, but I just found out that I will be having my cath ablation next Thursday. The Army Run is the Sunday after that, so I'm not sure how much of a possibility it will be, if any. But, hey, I'm thrilled that I can get the proceedure done so quickly: I was told that I wouldn't get to see the doctor for the first appointment until November at the earliest but things have been bumped up nicely for me. :). So, I'll just run for fun until next Thurs, then recover and see what could be possible.

And we move tomorrow! Our stuff comes out of storage after 1.5 years...it'll be like Christmas.

No comments: