Saturday, September 12, 2015

~

Sleep has been fragmented and elusive this week, but I have a bit of a reprieve: cooler temps!  Highs in the low 30s and lows in the low 20s...actually, 19 for the next two days. 

!

This is very helpful because I'm usually awake from 3ish to 6ish am.  Yep.  Some nights I'm productive during this span, others I waste on anxiety and/or indulgent web surfing.  Listening to "sleep-promoting" music or meditation doesn't help, listening to lectures sometimes does; last night I simply accepted the inevitable and listened to Leviathan and Galaktikon and then fell asleep in the midst of some album by Persephone.

At any rate, I need some slack getting outside afterwards while it's still relatively cool.  Skipping that last sliver of sleep isn't optimal, not when I've had just 3 or 4 hours beforehand. 

Yeah, sleep has been an issue for a while, and some nights are rough, but I seem to be adapting.  Is this good preparation? Who knows?

Fortunately, this morning was agreeable.  I was awake for a shorter span, 4-6 am or so, and I woke up shortly before eight feeling surprisingly refreshed.  When the dog and I hit the pavement, it was still only about 24 C, and so we tried out a new loop.  25 minutes total of running, plus walk breaks.  These days, that's a victorious long run!

No comments: