Monday, September 14, 2015

A tale of two blue grapes

#1: freshly squeezed grapefruit/spirulina/? blend from a local vegan raw store.
#2: electric blue Powerade knockoff/chemical warfare byproduct? from a local gas station.

I am presently drinking the latter.  There are other electrolyte replacers in the kitchen, but sometimes electric blue grape hits the spot.  However, I also have my own spirulina powder and could mix some of it into this stuff...maybe tomorrow.

However, I did not employ this dilatory attitude to running.  Last night was the last of two slightly cooler nights, which meant that this morning was only 20 C.  I had slept poorly once again, somewhat soundly but in 1 - 1.5 hr increments only; I didn't want to move but I really didn't wish to waste 20 C.  Otherwise regrets would have kept me up tonight, with my luck.

I decided to do 5 X 4 min jog intervals (the usual 5 min seemed too daunting).  Unfortunately, the kid was still on my bladder, but I got somewhat used to it.  4-4-5-5-1.5.  Yes, I shortchanged myself but it got to that certain point of NOPE.  Whatever!

Hopefully, I can stick to 4-5 min intervals for at least another week.  Meanwhile, prenatal yoga everyday--I try to do an actual routine but sometimes I just hit the floor and do some poses.  Whatever!

No comments: